• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are there any good "pole-armsman" Prestige Classes out there? (reach weapons)

WonkaMania

First Post
Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if there are any good "pole-armsman" prestige classes out there? Basically, someone that fights with a polearm (reach weapon), but NOT the spiked chain.

The character I'm making is going to be a little Halfling Rogue/Fighter and is going to use some kind of reach weapon, probably a Glaive. I'm not going to have him use the spiked chain, so please no PrC's about that weapon :)

Thanks if you can help! :)

~Wonka

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tried and succeeded. Beware Knights of the Middle Circle/Glaive Masters with Quick Spell-like ability for True Strike.

I also second the vote for Masters of Arms; it has Longspear masters, Glaive Masters, Ranseur masters, Spiked Chain masters. However, I don't think Halflings can use Reach weapons. Aren't all of them Large by default?

Oh wait, 3.5 weapon sizes. Gee, how could I forget? Somehow, I can't see a Halfling striking someone ten feet away with a five foot long Glaive.

To be honest, not much in Masters of Arms needs updating; off the top of my head, everything is easily adaptable.

Psion

Adventurer
My 3.5 update for Masters of Arms:

1) Drop ambidexterity from all class requirement lists.
2) There is no #2.

;)

Edit: Okay, I lie. After looking at the book again last night, there are some classes/feats that only have ambidexterity as a feat requirement. In that case, I would simply replace it with two-weapon fighting.

Also, those of you who use 3.5 weapon sizes (spitooey!), you might need to tweak the improvised weapon rules. Or use the ones in CW.

Last edited:

WonkaMania

First Post
The book "Master of Arms" looks interesting from what you are talking about, but the problem is that I usually don't like to buy an rpg book unless I can look through it a bit first. That being said, my local game shop doesn't carry it, and there is no preview of it avialable on the website :(

Do you know of a review of the book that talks about what is in it?

~Wonka

Remove ads